index.php?sid=defb82e67a47e4ec91e9c593ac1447db AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rips in Kayak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peramourex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Rips in Kayak Reply with quote

I lent my kayak to my brother and he said when he took it into the water he dragged it because he was by himself.. there is an inch rip or so that is through the black seam that lines the hull right at the back in the middle - it ripped through the black and the grey so it is all the way through. Suggestions on how to fix this?
peramourex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help me with this?
JCOOLEY
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several others who have suffered this fate. First you will need to do your best at repairing the inner grey material. Depending on how bad the the tear is, depends on how easy it will be to repair. You can try a couple of methods. When repairing the grey material, you can use a patch and glue that came in the repair kit. Because it is in an akward place, it may be easier to get some Tear-Aid "type B" to repair it. You can pinch the material together and apply the tearaid. It is self adhesive and bonds 50% right away. Let it sit for a few hours then you can work on the black portion. You can also use the tear aid to patch this part or you can use a patch from the repair kit. Most people including us, have had plenty of success with using the tearaid to repair this issue. I know one person who hasn't had quite the same success so I am not sure what he may of done differently. If you are at all uncomfortable trying to attempt this repai, you can send you outer cover to us at Advanced Elements and we will do it for you.

Jeremy
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: