index.php?sid=7061f1031ad5ac7d7debeff49c7bff41 AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repair a leaking floor patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwpc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Repair a leaking floor patch Reply with quote

The tube floor has two slow leaks at the edges of an existing patch where it crosses a "weld seam" between two tubes. I used soapy water to find them. The floor goes flat after an hour. I suspect that the patch failed because the previous owner applied when the floor was deflated, so inflation of the tubes pulls the patch up at the seam. I was planning to force some of the repair kit adhesive into to the leak spots but think it will probably fail again with several inflation cycles. I have a roll of "Gorilla Tape" on my shelf and wondered if anyone's used it for small leaks.
JCOOLEY
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact customer Service for better assistance.
info@advancedelements.com
Or you can buy a new floor from the replacement parts section on www.advancedelements.com
dwpc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I sent Ritchie a picture of the leak area. He advised applying Aqua seal around the old patch edge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: