index.php?sid=017502c01c6d20de6d9c7cbb44d43d0e AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More deck tie-downs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madrone26

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: More deck tie-downs Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone has added more d-rings or tie down to their kayak. I've got a convertible, and with the spray deck on, the person sitting in back doesn't have any tie-downs in front of them. I've seen the glue-on d-rings from NRS, but the rings are plated steel and I paddle mostly in salt water. That combination spells rust to me. I'd rather attach sturdy nylon/plastic d-rings. I've thought about getting some webbing and the d-rings and sewing them in place on the cover. Any thoughts?
PJohanson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might notice a slow drip of water at the stitches, or might not.
I'd recommend gluing and sewing the webbing onto the deck, to hold the D-rings. That is, if Jeremy can confirm a type of glue to use on the material, one that would seal the holes from the stitches. Not all glues would work on the deck material.
sonar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: