index.php?sid=6ad48f1968ab263ed3bc800be7d5b90a AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

modifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Advanced Frame and Advanced Frame Sport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Novak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: modifications Reply with quote

Hey guys, Novak again,

I'm curious as to how many of you have done any type of modifications to your AF and it can be as simple as purchasing a deck bag. What have you done since you purchased your AF?

Have any of you added more or extra D rings or any cleats anywhere? Added more bungee's or added a fishing pole rack?

A few modifications that I'd like to do with my AF is put down a water repellent spray on the cover so water will wick off better and possibly put on the UV Spray as well so the color doesn't fade. I also would like to try and implement some type of way to carry my fishing pole on the side of the Kayak tucked underneath the Coam on either side and I would like to find a way to put the paddle on the side as well like some hard shells that have clips on the side.

I'm thinking of adding a few more cleats / D rings around just in case I need to tie something off or need to secure anything and I would like to look into ways or maximizing space.

So let me know what kinds of things you guys have done to your AF's and how they've worked out. And I don't know about the rest of you but I must admit, It is definitely nicer paddling my AF with no shoes or sandals. I just strap my sandals to the deck bungee and off I go.

P.S. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with carrying an anchor with them and how it fairs with the extra weight in the kayak? When I want to stop and fish at a certain spot I want to be able to put an anchor down and fish.

~Novak
Pearly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish off my expedition all the time! I made up some rod holders - I have a new design which is collapsible - I'll try and post some pics later.

As for the anchor, mine is 1.5lbs and is plenty to hold the yak steady in strong currents. You do need to make up an anchor trolley to put the anchor to the bow or stern.

You can see my anchor trolley and the rest of my adventures here..

http://www.advancedelements.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4162#4162
dspid2404

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novak - One of the "modifications" I would suggest is a deck lift. I have an Expedition which is basically a longer version of the AF. Take a look at page 7 (Oct. 13, 2009) entry on the link above that Pearly mentions. His PVC design works really well. It allows you to stow items on the front deck while at the same time keeps water from pooling at the zipper. A common complaint. I made one to the exact measurements as Pearly's except I turned the tube that faces up (he uses it for a fish finder) to face toward me. Then I add adapters for various purposes. One to face straight up to put my camera monopod in. The another that allows me to tilt it over either side for a fishing pole. I use a pin to keep the adapters in and for quick swapping. I will take photos of it one of these days. It also gives you a bit more knee room.
sonar

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Advanced Frame and Advanced Frame Sport All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: