Shannon Bedore, Travel & Adventure RN

Amabassador Lee paddles BC Canada

Stats:
  • Models paddled: AdvancedFrame, AdvancedFrame Sport, Fishbone EX SUP, and the PackLite Kayak.
  • Water that she paddles: Lakes, Rivers, and Remote Lakes and Waterways.
  • What she uses her kayaks and SUP for: Exploring, adventuring, camping and HAVING FUN!
Bio:
Shannon practices as Registered Nurse and is licensed in both California and Oregon. She also practices real estate on the side and continues to maintain her license in cosmetology. Lastly, due to both friends and family’s love for the product and popular demand, she and her father, Dr. Bedore, make all-natural topical muscle rubs that they have begun to market.

Shannon has an audacious spirit and is always planning for her next adventure. She enjoys most outdoor sports and, when not in the hospital tending to patients, can be found snowboarding or snowshoeing in the winters, wakeboarding or kayaking in the summers, and will most likely be found on the trails riding her mountain bike or hiking in the spring and the fall. Overall, her two favorite things are paddling rivers and hiking and, as a tiny dog mom, her dog Dante will most always be found at her side. Often, Shannon practices wilderness mediation with guided imagery for her overall sense of well-being. Shannon states, “I find my happiness in nature and nature truly is my therapy”.

You can follow her adventures on Instagram @shannonoutside

Favorite AE Story:
Many of my adventures are in my two home states of California and Oregon. I get the most thrill out of floating down Northern California’s American and Trinity rivers or Oregon’s McKenzie river. I love the long stretches and all the ripples they have to offer. My favorite lakes so far have been Lake Siskiyou in California, and the Cascade lakes of Oregon. My “go to” kayak is the AdvancedFrame Sport with the drop stitch floor; easy to pack, sturdy and lightweight. I also enjoy the PackLite kayak which I take with me on my hikes to the alpine lakes of the Desolation Wilderness and the Oregon Cascades. There is nothing more rewarding than reaching that alpine lake after a long hike and, after gaining a typical 2500 feet of elevation, there is nothing more peaceful than floating on the water and just taking everything in around you. My peace, my serenity, my everything is found in the outdoors. Being outdoors helps me unwind and re-center so I can be strong for others when I am working indoors.