Carrying deflated kayak on a bicycle as a backpack

Can't find what you're looking for regarding accessories? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

vsj

Carrying deflated kayak on a bicycle as a backpack

Post by vsj » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 am

Hi.

I've been carrying my AF in the original "duffel bag" like a backpack on my bicycle.

I have about one kilometer (km is about .62 miles?) to the nearest shore and it goes quite easily but I wouldn't want to cycle much more than that with all the gear in the original bag on my back. The bag handles as shoulder straps with a few layers of cloth wrapped around them and an air pump hanging on the side.

I'd like to read your experiences or suggestions on carrying a AE kayak with a bicycle.

I've thought about modifying the bag some way to make it more comfortable. And maybe more durable - I'm afraid the handles will some day rip off the side of the bag when I'm yanking the thing up from the ground. Has anyone done anything like that?

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Check out the AE3011 under the Accessories section of the website

vsj

Post by vsj » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Check out the AE3011 under the Accessories section of the website
Awesome!
Thanks a lot. Will be considering that.

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Also, consider picking up a second-hand bike trailer that could transport a child or several bags of groceries. You should be able to fit the kayak into o onto the trailer. This will get that weight off your back! It will be a more stable ride than carrying a backpack.