Cup holder for Expedition

Can't find what you're looking for regarding accessories? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

rcreek

Cup holder for Expedition

Post by rcreek » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Hello

Does anyone know of a cup holder I can use with the Advanced Frame Expedition. It would be really nice to have a cup of coffee when I am out paddling the calm waters. :-)

Thanks

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:38 pm

I just asked my handyman husband to invent a cupholder, and he said gravely that he's just going to have to have an Expedition then, so he can try out designs and test models.
His wooden kayak doesn't yet have the gimballed cupholder of his dreams, but his rotomolded Pamlico 100 came with a cupholder -- it's molded just in front of the seat, so the cup of coffee is held between the paddler's thighs. I think, since this kayak is designed for fishing, that the cup is probably intended to hold beer, not scalding hot coffee.

Daddy-O

Post by Daddy-O » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Has anyone figured out a cup holder yet? It would be nice to have one without doing any gluing or modifying of the boat.
Daddy-O

Ryno

Post by Ryno » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:25 pm

I wonder if it would be possible to utilize one of those aftermarket cupholders that you would buy for a car. For instance this one: http://www.amazon.com/American-Tech%C2% ... sbs_auto_2

It almost looks like you could slip that under the bungy straps of the yak at the front and keep it pretty secure. Take it one step further....I think you could easily drill a couple holes in the bottom of that plastic base and thread the bungy through it.

The nice thing about that cupholder too is that you could fold it up and store is in the kayaks bag or in the seat meshing (the little mesh pouch behind each seat) when you aren't using it.

Pearly

Post by Pearly » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:11 pm

The tube/washers with the cup holder could go through the zip opening at the front of the cockpit.

Any other ideas?

pastorsteve

Post by pastorsteve » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:41 pm

You could probably do what I do with my water bottle - use a caribeaner to clip it to any part of the boat. In your case, if you want coffee - use a small lunchbox type thermos and clip to the cup handle.