Rolling Duffle Bags

Can't find what you're looking for regarding accessories? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Ryno

Rolling Duffle Bags

Post by Ryno » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi, I had been searching for a while for a rolling duffle bag that would hold my Advanced Frame Convertible, paddles, PFDs, hand pump, and a few other misc things.

I thought about buying the Advanced Elements rolling bag...but at $99.00 I thought it was too much. Plus I wouldn't have room for extra goodies.

I found this nice bag on Walmart.com: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=9870577

The dimensions are 40.0 x 21.0 x 15.0...which is larger than the AE rolling bag. I now have enough room for all my stuff and the bag was only $40.00. The quality is very nice too. I would recommend this bag to anyone.

One final note...this bag would count as oversized if you were to fly somewhere with it...keep that in mind.

lee johnson

Post by lee johnson » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:13 am

Yes, the Wal-Mart bag would be oversized for airline luggage. Does this mean the AE bag would fit airline limits? If so, the AE bag would pay for itself pretty quickly. Maybe it all depends on whether you want to use a rolling duffel bag for airline travel. Having "a place to put your stuff" (as the late George Carlin said in one of his best comedy routines) remains one of life's supreme challenges - which may explain why kayaking "adventure in a bag" has us all talking to each other here.

Ryno

Post by Ryno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 pm

lee johnson wrote:Yes, the Wal-Mart bag would be oversized for airline luggage. Does this mean the AE bag would fit airline limits? If so, the AE bag would pay for itself pretty quickly. Maybe it all depends on whether you want to use a rolling duffel bag for airline travel. Having "a place to put your stuff" (as the late George Carlin said in one of his best comedy routines) remains one of life's supreme challenges - which may explain why kayaking "adventure in a bag" has us all talking to each other here.
I believe the Advanced Elements bag fits airline limits....So does the Walmart bag, but you would have to pay oversized baggage costs.

In my case, I simply wanted a bag to fit all my stuff....paddles, pump, life jackets, dry bags, etc. If I decide to travel on a plane with the kayak I could still pull out the standard AE bag (that the kayak came with) and use that. :D

gadget

Post by gadget » Sun May 02, 2010 7:33 pm

so I bought a used west marine convertable and used it once...it was not like kayaking in a fiberglass/kevlar but suprisingly pretty good, on par with plastics IMO...my girlfriend is a beginner so the stability is great along with the storage as we live in a condo....I didn't like the way the kayak was supposed to be folded in 5 as it seemed the skeg and bow/stern reinforcement pieces were being kinked when folded...also I struggled although succesfully put everything back in the bag....I decided to buy a team canada hockey goalie bag...beauty thing is I was able to put the 2 paddles, 3 dry bags, 2 Pfd's, 2 gear lines a scotty pump, a sponge and a couple ropes.....all in one bag...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3349/457 ... ccd3_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/457 ... 2425_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/457 ... 6910_b.jpg

gadget

Post by gadget » Sun May 02, 2010 7:38 pm

oh I forgot....for those interested the bag can be had at canadian tire.....I bought mine on sale for 65.00 its dimensions that allow my two-two piece paddles one "branches" wooden and one kevlar "lendel" paddle is something like 44" x 22"x20"

if the wheels end up breaking which they will in time I will just get a cart...its so nice to have all the kayaking gear in 1 bag...

dspid2404

Post by dspid2404 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:38 am

I've traveled quite a bit with the AE Expedition bag and it has so far not been put into oversized baggage.