More deck tie-downs

Can't find what you're looking for regarding accessories? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

madrone26

More deck tie-downs

Post by madrone26 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:07 am

I'm wondering if anyone has added more d-rings or tie down to their kayak. I've got a convertible, and with the spray deck on, the person sitting in back doesn't have any tie-downs in front of them. I've seen the glue-on d-rings from NRS, but the rings are plated steel and I paddle mostly in salt water. That combination spells rust to me. I'd rather attach sturdy nylon/plastic d-rings. I've thought about getting some webbing and the d-rings and sewing them in place on the cover. Any thoughts?

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:11 am

You might notice a slow drip of water at the stitches, or might not.
I'd recommend gluing and sewing the webbing onto the deck, to hold the D-rings. That is, if Jeremy can confirm a type of glue to use on the material, one that would seal the holes from the stitches. Not all glues would work on the deck material.

sonar

Post by sonar » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:06 am

ctts

Post by ctts » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:43 pm

I have the same question as the OP...anybody have any ideas? Don't have a kayak yet, but about to purchase the Lagoon 2.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 am

The current version of the Double Zip on Deck Conversion for the AE1007-R AdvancedFrame Convertible now has 4 d-rings as well as a reinforced bar to allow for the paddler to tie equipment down to.
For the Lagoon2, there is not a whole lot of space between the paddlers to tie anything down. There is a small mesh pocket to be able to put something in it but that is about it. There is d-rings and bungee on the front of the kayak to tie equipment down to. Not a lot of space on the stern to add d-rings.