Cell phone cases

Can't find what you're looking for regarding accessories? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

kckern

Cell phone cases

Post by kckern » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Anyone have a suggestion for a 100% waterproof cell phone hard case or bag? I have an iPhone which is great for GPS navigation, compass, and of course calling, but I'd hate to get it wet if it rained or I got swamped. Thanks.

Pearly

Post by Pearly » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Something like this...

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/sanwa-wate ... 7-08-2009/

Or the Otterbox..

Or the Aquapac..

Looking for one myself!

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:47 pm

You will need a waterproof container for your phone! One of my paddle partners ruined his phone, and another paddle partner has lost two small digital cameras to water damage. A plastic sandwich bag just isn't enough!
Stores that sell kayaks and canoes often carry drybags too. Mountain Equipment Co-op in Canada has many different styles. Ordinary sporting good stores may have drybags.
Be sure to check that the drybag seals tight and is recommended for cell phones or cameras. Don't just settle for a bag with a roll top. A few drops of water will barely make a sweater feel damp, but it will ruin a cell phone.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:00 am

Advanced Elements will be introducing a new product that is available right now and is in the 2010 catalog. It is the TechPouch. great for iphones and GPS units. It is a water resistant pouch that attaches to the D-Rings on the kayak deck and sits up at an angle so that you can clearly see the screen without having to pick it up or have it laying flat. It works well with touch screens too. Product pics and specs will be up on the sight shortly.

Jeremy

brandoll

Post by brandoll » Thu May 06, 2010 7:53 am

Wow, so AE is also venturing on waterproof pouches for gadgets huh. How about digital cameras? I have been using some water resistant digicams whenever I go kayaking. Will it also be available at AE?

Last edited by brandoll on Fri May 07, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu May 06, 2010 8:17 am

As far as cameras are concerned, there are many waterproof cases already available out there so I would look into those.

Jeremy

Ruby03

Post by Ruby03 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 am

I often get out and enjoy my active lifestyle. So i need to use my electronic equipment in the most extreme situations. Then i got Aquapac waterproof case. But it was very difficult to get my iphone in and out. Then i am very disappointed at cell phone cases. I am afraid that i won't trust any waterproof cases for cellphone or digital cameras any more even though there are tons of waterproof camera cases out there.

http://www.amazon.com/DicaPac-WP110-145 ... B001CMB66W

http://cgi.ebay.com/Waterproof-Digital- ... 3cad6c5075