Around Manhattan in AF Expedition, tips?

Trips that you have taken, planned, are planning etc. and suggested paddle locations.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

STLPilot

Around Manhattan in AF Expedition, tips?

Post by STLPilot » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 am

So I'm new to Kayaking, but quite seasoned in adventure and endurance. I want for my first trek to circle around Manhattan as soon as the weather breaks. Anyone ever done in an Advanced Frame model?

Not too concerned with the trek, living in Manhattan I know a worst case scenario is getting out at many different locations and simply catching a cab back home.

Pretty sure can be done within dawn til dusk if can come close to timing both currents inbound and out.

Anyone done? Tips or want to join me?

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:40 pm

If you're paddling near Manhattan, you'll want to check out a local blog -- http://frogma.blogspot.ca/ -- which has notes of local interest.

NaturalPath

Post by NaturalPath » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Wow, circumnavigation of Manhattan is no cake walk. I put that distance at around 47kms/28miles. That's a formidable distance for one day. But, as you said, you can always cut it short at any time. It will be interesting to see how far you get. Sorry, I'm not available on that day :-)

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:22 am

Sounds fine enough, basically it all has to go well and in the same way when we think of knowing more about things then we can actually do that so this is the way how it goes, exploring things more remains sensible.