Going to S Lake tahoe

Trips that you have taken, planned, are planning etc. and suggested paddle locations.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Racer48

Going to S Lake tahoe

Post by Racer48 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Im heading to South Lake Tahoe for our anniversary this upcoming weekend Sept 26th-28th. Can anyone recommend some spots to paddle? I see Echo Lake, Fallen Leaf Lake, and Emerald Bay (worried about power boaters). I'm taking my Expedition, and a DF2, soon to be bought from Airkayaks.com (she will find out that its her anniv gift when we pick it up :) )

Thanks
Rob

KayakJack

Re: Going to S Lake tahoe

Post by KayakJack » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:19 pm

hahaha. nice. reminded me of when Al Bundy bought Peggy a bowling ball for her birthday. ;)

(she will find out that its her anniv gift when we pick it up :) )

Thanks
Rob[/quote]

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:22 am

Our Product design guy went up there for his anniversary a couple of months ago. He paddled from Baldwin beach and paddled around the cove into Emerald Bay. He said it was a good paddle but in the afternoon around 1-2 the wind picks up and you will be paddling back against the wind. There is also chop and wakes from power boats. This was the first time he and his wife had paddled in a long time as well.

Jeremy
8)

Racer48

Re: Going to S Lake tahoe

Post by Racer48 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:50 pm

KayakJack wrote:hahaha. nice. reminded me of when Al Bundy bought Peggy a bowling ball for her birthday. ;)
(quote]

I remember that episode !!!! LOL anyways, she was very jealous about me getting one, and stated she wanted to paddle with me and Racer48jr. So i figured this would be the best way to get most of the family interested. However i *will* cross my fingers just in case.

Racer48

Post by Racer48 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 pm

ok i had the most fun i've had in years, Mrs48 was totally blindsided for her anniversary gift. We chose Echo lakes for our paddle adventure. She loved every moment, If anyone ever gets the chance to be in Tahoe, i strongly recommend going there, its peaceful and scenic. They dont allow jetskis, or large powerboats, only aluminum boats with small outboards. The lakes have cabins, and private residence surrounding both. The best part is that there are no roads to the houses to access them, one has to boat into their homes, or hike to them. However i will question how some of these beautiful homes were made with such a obstacle, considering there is only one road in, which stops at the dock. The lakes are connected via a short, narrow creek which only takes 5 mins or so to pass thru (check google maps or google earth).

anyhow, here is a link to the pictures that i took with *our/her* new panasonic lumix 10x camera

enjoy :D

http://darkcow.org/racer48/Echo-Lake-Sept-08

KayakJack

amazing pics!

Post by KayakJack » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:01 pm

amazing pics and beautiful destination.

now i definitely have to check this place out at least once before i die. :)
++

Racer48 wrote:ok i had the most fun i've had in years, Mrs48 was totally blindsided for her anniversary gift. We chose Echo lakes for our paddle adventure. She loved every moment, If anyone ever gets the chance to be in Tahoe, i strongly recommend going there, its peaceful and scenic. They dont allow jetskis, or large powerboats, only aluminum boats with small outboards. The lakes have cabins, and private residence surrounding both. The best part is that there are no roads to the houses to access them, one has to boat into their homes, or hike to them. However i will question how some of these beautiful homes were made with such a obstacle, considering there is only one road in, which stops at the dock. The lakes are connected via a short, narrow creek which only takes 5 mins or so to pass thru (check google maps or google earth).

anyhow, here is a link to the pictures that i took with *our/her* new panasonic lumix 10x camera

enjoy :D

http://darkcow.org/racer48/Echo-Lake-Sept-08
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Racer48

Post by Racer48 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:30 pm

well when ya do make it out, gimme a buzz, i will certainly go back there again, as well as a couple other lakes nearby, they have amazing camping areas very close by, as well as the gamling facilities/hotels all within 15-20 mins driving time. we ate dinner at Harrah's, a buffet which was on the 18th floor, giving an amazing look at the south lake, and the city itself at sunset. it was a 5 hr drive from my location, but a must do for anyone :)

SF48

Post by SF48 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :D