Vendor appreciation thread

Need to sell your gear or looking for good deals on gear? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Daddy-O

Vendor appreciation thread

Post by Daddy-O » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:01 pm

I thought I would share my thoughts and appreciation for some of the vendors that sell AE products. I have purchased from rei.com, West Marine and airkayaks.com. In my opinion, all three are excellent companies. I have spoken with people from all three companies when making my purchases (airkayaks through emails), and they have all been helpful. Of these three, however, the people at airkayaks really shine when it comes to personal service, and a concern for the customer to get what they desire and need (not just to make a sale). I can not say how much that extra quality means to me. I'd like to thank all three, but send a special thank you to airkayaks for their patience and help.
Daddy-O

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:47 am

West Marine sold my Dragonfly (as a Skedaddle, hate the name!) and made sure to advise me that it was a boat for sheltered waters, not a touring kayak for crossing to the Gulf Islands that are 1 and 3 miles off-shore. Good advice!
A dedicated kayaking store, Pacifica Paddlesports, carries a number of AE models and will let people try them out in a nearby lake on their regular Test Paddle afternoon weekly in summer.