Wanna share shipping cost? (Sydney Au)

Need to sell your gear or looking for good deals on gear? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

lennycheng

Wanna share shipping cost? (Sydney Au)

Post by lennycheng » Sat May 01, 2010 6:11 am

Hi,

I live in Sydney, Australia, and have been thinking of buying a AF10.5. By any chance would anyone from around Sydney look for a AE kayak too? Perhaps we may be able to considerably reduce some shipping cost. 8)

Waiting for good news.....

rsimpson
Site Admin

Post by rsimpson » Mon May 03, 2010 2:39 pm

lennycheng

Post by lennycheng » Fri May 07, 2010 4:31 am

Actually I called them, and their price is just a bit shocking. Really don't know why there is such a big price gap.

:cry:

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Fri May 07, 2010 4:40 am

Hi Lenny,

Well I don't know the Australian tax system, but I got the same for the Netherlands. Even without the EU/USDollar rate (which was a lot better when I bought my AE) the difference was big. With the EU/USDollar rate it was even cheaper with the 19% V.A.T. added that goes in the Netherlands. However to get through customs you pay another 6% on everything (item you bought with tax, shipping costs) and that made the price about even. With that in mind and the fact that the salespeople in the shop I buy it from need salary I decided to just buy it local. It helps with returning a kayak with problems as well. If I bought it in the USA I would need to send it back myself and then all the money I saved would have gone.

lennycheng

Post by lennycheng » Mon May 17, 2010 4:53 am

Thanks for diemonde's suggestion and life is just once! Don't think too much. So...

2 boxes were placed in the living room when I was home from work today. Now can't wait my day off on Wed. to test paddle.