lumbar seat

AE1002(2002-2005), AE1012(2006-Present), AE1017-O(2009-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

poloace

lumbar seat

Post by poloace » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Finishing up a week long camping/kayaking trip.
Just bought the advanced frame sport, and I was pleased.
The was 4 other people with hard kayaks who had reserverations on the inflatable. They were surprised, as was I.
I put the ds floor, and I think that really helped in the choppy waters.

Very pleased, execpt the seat. I have back issues, and after a couple hrs my butt gets a little square, and back gets a little sore.

How is the lumbar seat?

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Some people say the lumbar seat is worth it! Worth a try.
I find that changing my position helps me not get a numb butt. First I paddle with both legs slightly bent. Then I change positions every few minutes: one leg straight, one bent, swap legs. I stop and lay back to stretch arms & legs & back. Later I stop to bend forward. I try to get out and walk a little after an hour.
I am lucky enough not to have back issues. On a river camping trip, I paddled all day for three days and did not have back pain! On quiet stretches of Red Deer River, I sat cross-legged or lay back with my feet on the deck.

MissMelodie

Re: lumbar seat

Post by MissMelodie » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:20 pm

"poloace" Very pleased, execpt the seat. I have back issues, and after a couple hrs my butt gets a little square, and back gets a little sore. How is the lumbar seat?
I have the Advanced Frame and I too suffer from back problems from time to time. I find that the chair that comes with the AF does not give enough lumbar support, so what i do to give it that extra back support is take a stadium cushion seat, set it in first, and then put the AF chair on top of it, locking the two of them together through the loop in the top back of each and onto the kayak attachment. It works like a charm and gives me that extra support I need to get through 2 to 3 hours of kayaking. I know that I could spend the extra 75 to 90 dollars for the lumbar chair but wonder if it would be any better or give any more support.