Stupid Question About Storage

AE1007-R(2005-Present), AE1004-R(2002-2004)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Ryno

Stupid Question About Storage

Post by Ryno » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:54 am

We bought the AvancedFrame Convertible about a month ago and have been able to use it twice. So far we love the kayak...Its been great.

I do have one question about storage....In the features on this website, the kayak is said to have "Dry Storage". What and where is the dry storage in this kayak?

I know its a dumb question...but I am trying to figure out room we would have to do an overnight camping trip in this thing.

Is the "dry storage" behind the seat in the stern....or in front of the person's feet in the bow?

I looked all over this board for an answer...but I think I am the only newbie who was wonering....thanks for the reply in advance!

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:02 am

The space it is referring too is the space behind the seat. Also, if you have the deck option zipped on, you can fit what you can inside the kayak. Just remember to always bag your goods no matter what. Even if using a dry bag, I always suggest to put what you can in zip lock bags or even double dry bag.

Jeremy
8)

Ryno

Post by Ryno » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:21 am

Thanks for the quick reply....I figured that was the case. I did purchase dry roll up bags and those seem to work well thus far. I actually used one white water rafting this past weekend. Everyone else in the group is now going to get some of them for the yearly trip because zip locks just dont do the trick for the rapids. Nothing like river water soaked potato chips! HEHE