Yet Another Maiden Voyage

AE1007-R(2005-Present), AE1004-R(2002-2004)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

lbang

Yet Another Maiden Voyage

Post by lbang » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Received our WM-AF2 kayak recently. On Sunday 8/16, me and my 9 y.o. took it to a local lake to launch it.

Took me about 20 minutes to inflate and get the backbone installed. It was a hot day. So I think I did ok in 20 mins. Used my air mattress pump to fill it as much as it can then top off with the foot pump.

I sat at the back and did most of the paddling. It doesn't feel as fast as those single hard shell sea kayaks rentals that I've been using. Maybe cos it's a tandem. But it tracks pretty well. I did noticed that it does turn pretty easily. Maybe all sit on top does that. We just kayak around for about an hour. Did get a little wet from the paddle cos we weren't using the deck.

Landing was easy, though I was concerned about the bottom cause there are many rocks on the shore. But checked and bottom is ok. Breaking down was quick too and manage to get it back into the bag in about 15 minutes.

It was fun. My daughter first trip out on a Kayak and she likes it a lot. Can't wait till weekend.