My expedition experience (so far)

AE1009-R Ultralite(2006)
AE1009-Y Advanced Frame Expedition(2007-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

sparkyboom

My expedition experience (so far)

Post by sparkyboom » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:28 am

Hey all!

Ive been test paddling my new yak over the past few weeks and I gotta say....at first it feels a little bit off, but once you've figured out a couple tricks here and there you can really capitalize on what it has to offer!

One thing though....which is obviously not the kayaks fault...watch out for broken glass eg. smashed bottles. I recently damaged my foot ( i now have a permanent numb toe ) from stepping on a broken bottle so id hate to see it chew up a yak. Inspect any surface before putting your kayak on it!

Also, the backbone is amazing! worth the extra $....way more rigid in my opinion.

I may also add, if you live in Australia.....buy from overseas, I bought mine from Airkayaks.com and saved HEAPS! ozinflatablekayaks.com.au sell the expedition for $1550 AUD and thats not including post AND doesn't come with anything apart from the kayak itself!! I emailed them, they didn't seem to really care.

I paid $1049 AUD for the ULTIMATE package and that's including postage and all the goodies :D Still more than you would pay if you live in Europe or the U.S but here is Australia some items are not as easy to get a hold of thus boosting the postage

And while im here, i also have to comment on how easy it is to put back in the bag! I used to skydive and if you've ever packed a parachute....you would know how hard it can be to wrestle them back into the deployment bag ARRGH!

cheers!