twist lock vavles

AE1009-R Ultralite(2006)
AE1009-Y Advanced Frame Expedition(2007-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Post Reply
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 am

twist lock vavles

Post by bolletog » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 am

Ive just ordered a AE expedition and noticed that there is some twisted vavles called twist lock on the boat...
I dont wanna buy the overprized pump at the AE site when all u need is a regular pump with the right endpiece (or am I wrong on that one??)

But I cant find any pumps that has the endpiece, atleast I think cos its kinda hard see the details on pumps on internet.
So are these twist lock valves uniqe to AE kayaks?

Site Admin
Posts: 992
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:46 pm
Location: Benicia, CA

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 pm

If you don't want an AE pump (which is not over priced) you can get another brand (which may not hold up). The pump needs to have a 3/4" fitting as one of the attachments on it. This attachment will fit in the main valve and it will fit over the smaller Twist Valve.

Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: forth estuary, scotland

Post by silverdarling » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:19 pm

I use the AE hand pump. I bought a Sevlar foot pump (trying to reduce weight/volume) but without correct fittings it's hopeless ... i couldn't find any way of determining these for cheaper pumps on the web.

dutch clouds
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Maastricht Netherlands

Post by dutch clouds » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:58 pm

I was unable to buy the AE pump at the store in the Netherlands and had to go for the next best, a Bravo 4 Alu from Scoprega Italy that at least fits to the main valves. I have to pump the small ones with a hand attached, the inside of the endpiece is too large. Not a big deal in my opinion.

As a pump that does not fit the main valves is useless, you have two options:

1. buy the original.
2. buy at a local store where you actually test the fittings.

3/4 '' fittings is a US scale.

Post Reply