folding the kayak

AE1009-R Ultralite(2006)
AE1009-Y Advanced Frame Expedition(2007-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

bolletog

folding the kayak

Post by bolletog » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 am

Hi, just got my AE expedition today, looking forward to try it.

I remember a post here (which cant find now) about packing the kayak in the AE bag so it would only take up 2/3s of the space (horisontally).
The manual tells me how to pack the kayak but I dosent say anything about folding it different. If folding it different would break it.

anyone know?

Looks to me that u could fold it anyway u like as long as not anything is bent that isnt supposed to get bent...

maybe this is a stupid question, but I have to be sure...storing the kayak in seperate parts is okey?
This way I could transport it better in a sack.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:23 am

You should fold the kayak according to the way it is recommended. This will allow it to pack away the easiest and best way and any other way could risk damaging parts. You can pull it apart and pack it seperate too.

bolletog

Post by bolletog » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 am

JCOOLEY wrote:You should fold the kayak according to the way it is recommended. This will allow it to pack away the easiest and best way and any other way could risk damaging parts. You can pull it apart and pack it seperate too.
Just wanted to show you a pic of how I planned to transport the kayak, the outer shell you see packed, the floor and airtubes (that you inflate) stored inside the sack. I folded everythig so that the parts thats supposed to b stiff isnt folded. Other than that the only difference is that the individual parts gets folded more compact. This setup is also only intended for transport, for example from a lake to another.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Looks good