Hello and What D-Rings and where for thigh straps for a 2

AE1006-G(2004-2006), AE1006-Y(2007-Present), AE1014-Y(2007-Present), AE1008-GRN(2005-2007), AE1008-R(2008-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Vandal996

Hello and What D-Rings and where for thigh straps for a 2

Post by Vandal996 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:09 am

Since I couldn't say hello in the New Members section, Hello! The message said only moderators can read that section. Whatever. Any way I am in Columbus Ohio and plan to run the lower Youghiogheny River on my Straightedge2. We have experience on this river and am confident that we will have a good time but thigh straps would help a lot.

I called AE and was told to use glue on PVC patch style D-Rings. My questions are, what size D-Ring, what size patch and where exactly should these be located. Where are they located on the single seat Straightedge?

Also, Where can I get the wing nut caps for the military valves. Mine seem to be missing.

Chris

rsimpson
Site Admin

Post by rsimpson » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:00 pm

The location and type of the d-ring really depend on what your application is. All replacement parts can be found under the replacement parts section:

http://advancedelements.com/replacements.html

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:47 am

To put it simple, here would be the easiest way to install the D-Rings in a AE1014-Y StraitEdge2.
Measure 32" back from the tip of the kayak. Place one D-Ring on each side between the Floor and the Side Tube.
Measure 45" back from that and add a D-Ring to each side between the Floor and the Side Tube.
Measure 45" back from that and add a D-Ring to each side between the Floor and Side Tube.
D-Ring can be 1"-1.5" in Diameter.
For the Center D-Ring, you will want to make sure that it is very secure because you will attach both Thigh Straps to this point. If you are not comfortable with this, you can put D-Rings side by side.
The Port Holes may be in the way so place the D-Ring in between the holes. You may need to cut the base material the D-Ring is attached to in order to fit it in between the Port Holes.

Hope this helps.