Foot Bar and Proper Position

Can't find what you're looking for regarding your kayak or a specific kayak? Post it here.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

dspid2404

Foot Bar and Proper Position

Post by dspid2404 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:00 pm

I have an Expedition and was wondering if the foot bar should be positioned so that my knees are only slightly bent or fully bent, so that my knees push up against the top covering, which keeps the deck lifted. Having my knees bent more gives more control but isn't as comfortable. It also makes my right foot to fall asleep. Haven't figured that out either. Advise?

Pearly

Post by Pearly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:50 pm

The foot bar needs to be wherever you feel most comfortable. It is fully adjustable, so before you set off, set it up so you knees are bent, but without much pressure on the deck. The deck lifts can be inside or outside, if you put them inside, you will find it lifts the deck nicely and you can comfortably rest your knees against them.

If you find you are pushing hard against the foot rest, you need to slacken it off a bit until you are just resting against it.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 am

Exactly. It is whatever is most comfortable to you. I prefer to paddle with my knees slightly bent because it does give me more control and allows me to get a better paddle stroke. I know a lot of people prefer to paddle with their legs straight out but that is their preference. Also, are you wearing shoes or no shoes. That could possibly make a difference as well.

jeremy