SPAMMERS

Can't find what you're looking for regarding your kayak or a specific kayak? Post it here.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

SPAMMERS

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:25 am

Lately we have had a rash of users signing up that aren't actually interested in Advanced Elements but are actually spammers. They post as if they are interested but a good way to tell that they are not for real is that they have a URL as their signature. Please do not click on any links of these users that have a link as their signature.
We ask that if you notice any of this activity, please let administration know so that we can delete the posts and ban the users. It seems that most have a gmail account. It is a hassle for me to go through everyday and have to do this but in order to keep this forum clean and for Advanced Elements faithfuls, it must be done. We are working on deleting the signature box all together so that this does not continue to happen. If I cannot delete it out, I will just delete the signatures of all users.

Sincerely and thank you,

Jeremy

dspid2404

Post by dspid2404 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:06 pm

I have noticed a few times. How does one notify the administration typically? I don't see a link anywhere on the page for it.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm

PM me, I am the administrator.

jeremy

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks everybody for helping keep the site clear. Since I started this thread, no new spammers have signed up posting garbage on the forum.

JimD

Post by JimD » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Congrat's
I was checking for the best way of reporting simoncarren, and you'd deleted his posts before I could find out how.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 am

Pearly is also a designated Admin so you can always shoot him or I a message to let us know about spammers. We try to stay on top of it and get them off before the forum gets flooded. Pearly is on holiday for a couple of weeks righ now so you can always pm me.