A kinky left rear main tube!

Problems with your kayak? Tracking to one side over the other? Taking on water? Losing Air? Post your questions, suggestions and answers here regarding issues with the kayaks.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

samba7

A kinky left rear main tube!

Post by samba7 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 pm

While cleaning my AdvanceFrame Convertible I left single deck conversion off and inflated the boat to specs and realized that there's a kink on the left rear area of the main tube ; the area about 2 feet behind the inflating valve. I had not noticed this because every time I've used it or inflated it I've had the single deck on. Is there something I can do?

Thanks,

Sam

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Sam,

Sometimes all it takes it just repositioning the tube a little. Sometimes in the folding process they can get a little out of place. An easy fix. If you have difficulty fixing it and it it really bad, please email us directly with photos at info@advancedelements.com.

Sincerely,

Jeremy
Advanced Elements
8)

reubs53715

Avoiding tube kinks

Post by reubs53715 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:36 am

After cleaning my kayak from a paddling trip, I dust the main tube with baby powder, then reassemble the kayak, fold it, & stow it for the next trip. When that next trip comes, and I unpack & inflate the kayak, there are very few kinks, and the main tube takes on a very nice shape within the canvas skin. In essence, the baby powder lubricates the main tube so it can move within the canvas skin as needed. After paddling, the baby powder rinses right off.

RC Johnson
Tomball, Texas

samba7

Tombal

Post by samba7 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Thanks a lot!!

I will try that this soon.

Sam