old valve?

PSI, Proper Technique, Valves etc.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

micks

old valve?

Post by micks » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:14 pm

I bought a new advancedFrame kayak last year and love it. Recently I bought another AdvancedFrame on Craig's list which looks great but had been purchased by the original owner a few years ago. the guy I purchased the used kayak from had lost his pump for it but i thought i would be able to use the pump from my original kayak. When i went to pump it up i noticed that my pump doesnt fit on the older kayaks military type valves. My newer model kayak has a male connector but the older kayak has a female connector which appears to be a slightly different size. So i now have both kayaks, the pump, and every different type of plumbing fitting from 1/2" to 1" that homedepot has to offer scattered around my living room floor as i try to figure this out.
can anyone tell me where i can buy the proper fittings so i can inflate this kayak or a new place to live where I wont have to listen to my wife's gloating about my mistake.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:13 am

The older Bravo Military valves need a valve adaptor that came with the kayak. If the previous owner did not supply this, you can purchase a replacement from Advanced Elements website www.advancedelements.com. Under the product section you will see replacements. From there you can scroll down to the Advanced Frame replacement parts where the valve adaptor is located. You can purchase it from there. Before you do though, check the mesh pocket on the back of the seat. That is where it is supposed to be located.

Jeremy
8)

micks

THANKS!

Post by micks » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:24 am

Thanks for the help! The adapter was in the seat pocket.