How does a convertible (solo) perform compared to a AE Frame

Get advice on which kayak may be best for you. Compare the different models. "VS."

Moderator: JCOOLEY

diemonde

How does a convertible (solo) perform compared to a AE Frame

Post by diemonde » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:50 am

Hi,

I now have the AE Frame, I want to add another one. It will be used solo a lot but not always. So how does it perform in solo-mode compared to the Frame. It won't maneuver as easy I guess, but let's say I am doing a long straight paddle of 10miles. Which one will get me at the end the fastest?

So it's like. Am I going to buy another AE Frame and hire a two-person kajak when needed or is the Convertible just good enough if you do not mind a little less maneuverability.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:55 am

You will be fine in the Convertible. We took some out not too long ago and I was in the Convertible while the others were in the Advanced Frames and Expeditions. I took the lead for an 8 mile paddle. The great thing too is that when paddling solo, you have much more room to store a lot of gear. This is especially benificial if going over night. I do suggest getting the optional Backbone for it. It will help give it even better performance than it already has.

jeremy

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:50 am

Hi Jeremy,

Always a back-bone. Really like it in the AE Frame.

Will there be any changes for the convertible in 2010?

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 pm

No changes to any of the existing models for 2010. Just the addition of the two new ones.