friday harbor model info

Get advice on which kayak may be best for you. Compare the different models. "VS."

Moderator: JCOOLEY

george

friday harbor model info

Post by george » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:50 pm

I am considering getting a friday harbor model but other than the brief product descriptions haven't found any other information or reviews on the web and can't find any information on the advanced elements website. We would be beginning kayakers and would bring it along on our travels in a volkswagen eurovan camper. Size and weight are important and the friday harbor looks like it would work. Our intended use would be in calm to mild waters looking around to see what we can see and do a little swimming. Between us, lunch ect. the load would be less than 350 lbs. we would appreciate hearing from either someone at Advanced Elements or anyone who has experience with this kayak. thanks, george

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Friday Harbor is a separate line of boats under the Sierra Sterling company which is division of Advanced Elements, inc. So as far a quality goes you are dealing with the same company. The Friday Harbor Adventure 2 person kayak is an entry level priced kayak that is good for general recreation on lakes, and slow moving rivers. It is a single wall kayak with multiple chambers. It does have a large removable tracking fin that improves the tracking performance over similar type inflatable. It is a great choice is space and weight are and issue. But you do need to be a bit more careful around sharp objects etc as it is built more like a traditional inflatable with a single layer of material. If you are looking for something that can take more of a beating then you may want to consider the Advanced Elements Lagoon which employs 3 layers of material (Outer cover, inner tube cover, and the inner tube). If you would like more information on the product, please email us at info@advancedelements.com.

Jeremy

cchappygirl

Friday Harbor

Post by cchappygirl » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi George,

I wonder if you ended up buying the Friday Harbor model. I have also been considering it for beach and estuary use with my daughter and NO ONE has ever reviewed it. Let me know if you did purchase and what your experience has been.

Thanks!

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:28 pm

I am a big fan of the Lagoon. I've had one for years (the earlier version called Dragonfly) and it's in great shape. It has that tough outer hull, and protected inner inflation chambers. This makes me feel very secure, but I still try to avoid barnacles on rocks. There are some light scratches on the outside of my boat's hull.

HappyPaddler

A question about seats - Friday Harbor Adventure Tandem

Post by HappyPaddler » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:55 am

I saw that the FHAT model can be paddled solo from the front seat, but I am wondering if the seats are adjustable forward and backward. Would I be able to put the seat in the middle? Or are the seats not that adjustable? Are they separate or are they attached permanently?

A you tube promo video would be very helpful for this model.