inflation without a doubble action hand pump

AE1040-Y (2010)
AE1041-Y (2013-2017)
AE1042-O (current)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Adro

inflation without a doubble action hand pump

Post by Adro » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey guys just ordered my first airfusion threw amazons, i have an af1 and was wonder if it is possible it inflate the airfusion with the foot pump alone? As i have read some members seem to think the doubble action hand pumps presure gauge is inaccurate and only pump theres up till its firm. will this work? is there any more compact alternitives to the doubble action pump? im interested in keeping the size of the inflation tools to a minimum. Thanks looking forward to your replies.
Adro

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 am

You will be able to inflate with the foot pump. A double action hand pump will do the trick as well. The problem with the hand pump with gauge is that the Fusion uses Boston valves which you can't get an accurate readin fgrom on the gauge. As long as you follow the inflation instructions, you should be good. There is a gauge out there that does work with the Boston valve. The it works is once you have put pressure in then you stick the stem of the gauge into the valve and it will give you an accurate reading. I believe it is a Sevylor gauge.

Adro

Post by Adro » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 pm

yep thanks mate, im realy looking forward to geting the fusion. the af1 was alot of fun! would love to get my daughter in it she will love it. been looking at some home made rudders but im in no rush might just wait up till you guys release one. Not sure im ready for rough seas yet anyhow :P
thanks for the reply that was quick.

spikeithard

Post by spikeithard » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:10 am

Do you need a PSI guage for the AFE? or can you go by 'firm to the touch' method like I was doing with the expedition?

I can get a double action pump for really cheap near me but there is no guage. The one with the guage is over twice as much money

thanks

rsimpson
Site Admin

Post by rsimpson » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:18 am

The AE2009 pump without gauge is $27.99 and the AE2011 pump with gauge is $39.99.