Airfusion Elite problem

AE1040-Y (2010)
AE1041-Y (2013-2017)
AE1042-O (current)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Guidomdp

Airfusion Elite problem

Post by Guidomdp » Mon May 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Hello my name is Guido I am from Argentina, recently I bought a used inflatable kayak, model Airfusion elite, and I see that the gray plastic back where the skeg is installed, is a little detached from the yellow body of the kayak.
Question: Can I glue it with the glue included in the repair kit?
Or I need another type of glue?
I await your prompt reply.
regards

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am

You can use the glue in the repair kit or you can purchase Aquaseal.
If has come a little undone, it is not a big deal. It is glued on the outside of the cover so no water will get inside if that is what you are worried about.
For further assistance, please reach out to info@advancedelements.com

esspii

Post by esspii » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 pm

I have both the original AF and the Elite, which share the same design of end pieces. When I started using the Elite I always found myself getting wet legs, even in still water. As I only used the Elite for short bursts, I put this down to the water my neoprene boots carried into the cockpit, until one day when I was out longer it was clear that more water than a pair of boots could absorb was in the boat. So I filled the kayak with quite a lot of fresh water to see where it leaked out - sure enough it was where the end pieces were attached to the yellow body. I dried the kayak thoroughly and applied aquaseal in two operations over two days with my finger, which left a neat-looking seal around the whole perimeter of the grey sections. I waited another day before putting the kayak in the sea, and it was now fully sealed. I now have a visible seal which I can check routinely - so far it has held up and still looks as if it had been factory-applied. So I went back to my old AF and did the same on that. Now checking these seals is a regular part of checking the vessel(s).