Test: New AirFusion EVO

AE1040-Y (2010)
AE1041-Y (2013-2017)
AE1042-O (current)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

lee johnson

Test: New AirFusion EVO

Post by lee johnson » Mon May 28, 2018 12:54 pm

The AirFusion has now gone through three phases: the Original (2010), the Elite (2013), and now the EVO (2018). The new EVO displays several improvements: 1) drop-stitch side chambers that give the kayak much greater rigidity, deck height, and excellent longitudinal symmetry (straight and true from bow to stern); 2) a new seat that stays in place much better than the older ones; 3) new polyurethane hull for even faster movement through the water. No kayak I have paddled can accelerate, maneuver, or dance more lightly on the water than the EVO. In other words, the latest AirFusion comes closer than ever to the perfection of the original idea. Check out my review on amazon.

rjf

Evo VS Elite

Post by rjf » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:55 pm

I challenge you to a race! My old elite versus your fancy new evo!

lee johnson

Nothing Wrong with Your AirFusion Elite!

Post by lee johnson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Hey rjf: Having owned the AirFusion Original, the Elite, and now the new EVO, I can say plainly that all three are a joy to use. Furthermore, with the help of a GPS receiver to measure speed, I doubt if you would find any significant differences among the three AirFusions. We are talking about refinements here, not essential changes in design, refinements that make set-up times faster, for example.
I sold my Original (for a song) to a kayaking instructor who simply loves it. I am keeping my Elite and EVO so that my eldest son and I can paddle together and perhaps even race!

rjf

RE: Race

Post by rjf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Oh good. You saved me a long trip up north! I was kinda looking forward to it.