Which adapter do I need to use a bike pump?

AE5001 PAcklite Pump, AE2001 Foot Pump, AE2003 12-V Electric Pump, AE2009 Hand Pump, AE2011 Hand Pumps w/Gauge, AE5006 Xcelerator Pump

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 am
Location: Glasgow, UK

Which adapter do I need to use a bike pump?

Post by mekanopsis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 am

I recently purchased an Advanced Frame Sport which I'm intending to use for trips mainly up to Loch Lomond lashed to a rack on my bike. I love the inflatable kayak concept because it opens up kayaking to those without a home near water or a car.

However mine didn't come with the repair kit which I believe contains an inline adapter. I have many good quality (some double action) pumps for bikes. Which product do I need to buy to adapt the AFS's valves to a bike pump (presumably it will be the Schrader / car / MTB style valve) ? Is the "Inline Adapter with Pressure Gauge" suitable and can it be bought in the UK?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have zero experience with valves beyond bike inner tubes.

EDIT: I actually did get the repair kit, but the supplied adapter is clearly not a Schrader valve.

Site Admin
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Bay Area

Post by rsimpson » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:25 am

Unfortunately, there is no way to use our spring valve adapter with a schrader valve. If you are looking for a compact pump for inflation, you will want to go with our bellows foot pump. Here is a link to our distributor in Europe. He can get a pump out to you asap.


"pumps" section under accessories.

Post Reply