Best Electric Pump

AE5001 PAcklite Pump, AE2001 Foot Pump, AE2003 12-V Electric Pump, AE2009 Hand Pump, AE2011 Hand Pumps w/Gauge, AE5006 Xcelerator Pump

Moderator: JCOOLEY

jdbonz

Best Electric Pump

Post by jdbonz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 am

Hello-I currently have a small 12v pump that can only partially inflate my advanced frame with the valve in the deflate position. Does anyone have exprience or a recomendation for a more powerful pump? Is the AE model special or is it similar to the readily available Colman pumps? Thanks!

Fisherking

Post by Fisherking » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:47 am

I use a battery operated 12v pump but just to do about 75% of it. You can't get the right pressure with these kinds of pumps. So after that you have to use a hand push pump to get the right pressure. Read your manual it'll even say that in the booklet somewhere.

So use 12v for about 70-75% then pump with your hand type.

I like using the 12v so I can get other things ready while I'm waiting for it to get inflated.

Nigelman 8)

jdbonz

Post by jdbonz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:41 am

Always consult your manual :D .... I'll stick with what I've got. I think the pump I have may also be a tad weak as I was using it with one of those battery jumper boxes that also has a 12v socket. The charge was very low so perhaps that that's why it was so weak...

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:14 am

As fisherking stated, the 12v pump will only partially inflate the kayak to about 75%. After that, you will need a Bellows foot pump or a Double Action hand pump to top off the rest of the kayak. If, after done inflating, you pick up the kayak from either end and it partially folds or bends in the middle, then you do not have enough air in i. Pump it up some more unti this doesn't happen.

Jeremy
8)

Fisherking

Post by Fisherking » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:52 pm

one thing I really like about my 12v is the delflator, especially with the mat. Just insert and change the knob to the deflator and go do some other stuff. When you get back it's perfectly flat and all you have to do is roll it up.

Nigelman 8)

stevewsdewar

The perfect pump?

Post by stevewsdewar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:59 pm

I already put info on this pump on another post, but it looks to be better than any electric or manual pump ive seen so far, smaller, faster and no batteries either.

http://www.cyclaire.com/inflator.html

Steve

Jerry

Rechargeable pump

Post by Jerry » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 am

I bought a Coleman rechargeable pump, which is very convenient.
It fills the Dragonfly main part in less than one minute.
I lose a bit of air when I have to twist the valve part till it pops up,
so I have to finish with the foot pump.

John

Post by John » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:25 am

I used the basic 12v pump but found it very slow. I bought a 12v Rule Hi-speed pump, cost £60. This inflates within two minutes. However, I find I still need to add a few pumps with the hand pump to really make it hard. Nevertheless, the Rule pump takes much of the hard work out of inflating and means you are sooner on the water. Please note, it cannot work of a cigarette lighter for the wiring to CL is too weak. It must be attached directly to the battery.

PS. I was inflating a convertible.
Last edited by John on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

technoguru

Re: The perfect pump?

Post by technoguru » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:58 pm

stevewsdewar wrote:I already put info on this pump on another post, but it looks to be better than any electric or manual pump ive seen so far, smaller, faster and no batteries either.

http://www.cyclaire.com/inflator.html

Steve
That's great and all, and like the concept idea, but unfortunately, I am unable to find a vendor that can ship to the Americas, let alone in America. Anyone that is in the states that know of a decent pump similar to this one?