Hi from Brisbane Queensland Australia

New to the Forum? Come in and say hello. Get to know the other members.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

Post Reply
Penno
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:04 am
Location: Australia

Hi from Brisbane Queensland Australia

Post by Penno » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi guys,I have been reading about all of your fishing exploits and need a smaller kayak,so I bought a Advancedframe Expedition,plus the Durafloor and a touring 4 piece carbon paddle,my previous kayak was a Stealth 475 worked well in the surf but not manageable in smaller creeks.
Penno

ATPringles
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 am
Location: Powell, WY

Post by ATPringles » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:28 am

Wecome to the forum! Since it has been a month and no one posted, I'm guessing we've all been studying garden catalogs or snow shoeing or somethin'. Welcome, and congratulations on your boat! Have you had it out? Are you enjoying it? The ice is melting off the reservoir near me, so maybe kayking is in my near future!

Windnut
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 am
Location: Canada

Post by Windnut » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 am

I have 2 Expeditions and use mine for fishing a lot. I do most of my fishing on the ocean and with the room and the stability of the Expedition it's a great fishing platform. I do use them for creek paddling also and they work well for that also. If you plan on paddling real small creeks then a smaller kayak might be better. I have a milk crate mounted on the front of my kayak with rod holders and I can also use it to carry fish. I also have a fishfinder plotter mounted on the crate so when not fishing I just remove the crate. The Expedition will handle rougher conditions on the ocean without any worries. The biggest problem with these kayaks is drying them out in the winter. I leave mine partially inflated and dry it in the basement at home. I'm just about to go fishing now because it's a good tide and the sun is shining. Enjoy your new kayak.

Penno
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:04 am
Location: Australia

Post by Penno » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:16 am

ATPringles wrote:Wecome to the forum! Since it has been a month and no one posted, I'm guessing we've all been studying garden catalogs or snow shoeing or somethin'. Welcome, and congratulations on your boat! Have you had it out? Are you enjoying it? The ice is melting off the reservoir near me, so maybe kayking is in my near future!
Hi AT Pringles thanks for welcome,very quiet on the forum,I see from the news you had a lot of snow,we are in a 34c today,you will out soon.
I get out for a paddle most weekends.

Penno
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:04 am
Location: Australia

Post by Penno » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:29 am

Windnut wrote:I have 2 Expeditions and use mine for fishing a lot. I do most of my fishing on the ocean and with the room and the stability of the Expedition it's a great fishing platform. I do use them for creek paddling also and they work well for that also. If you plan on paddling real small creeks then a smaller kayak might be better. I have a milk crate mounted on the front of my kayak with rod holders and I can also use it to carry fish. I also have a fishfinder plotter mounted on the crate so when not fishing I just remove the crate. The Expedition will handle rougher conditions on the ocean without any worries. The biggest problem with these kayaks is drying them out in the winter. I leave mine partially inflated and dry it in the basement at home. I'm just about to go fishing now because it's a good tide and the sun is shining. Enjoy your new kayak.
Hi Wingnut
I just sold my larger Stealth kayak which I used for fishing outside the surf break on the local reefs,mainly due to a hand operation dupuytrens,and the smaller kayak will suit the creek fishing.installing my sounder a Lowrance Elite 4 DSI this weekend using the poly pipe which I saw on the forum.
With fantastic weather here drying isn't an issue,after I have been out fishing I put the kayak in my ute deflated and dry it when I get home.

ATPringles
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 am
Location: Powell, WY

Post by ATPringles » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:16 am

Penno wrote: Hi AT Pringles thanks for welcome,very quiet on the forum,I see from the news you had a lot of snow,we are in a 34c today,you will out soon.
I get out for a paddle most weekends.
Hi again, Actually, I moved to Wyoming and live in a high, cold desert, so we've had nearly 6 inches of snow this year. It was awful. :-)

This year I'm hoping to take my kayak and go visit some of the small mountain lakes. No fishing for me, but there should be plenty of eye candy.

Pringles

Post Reply