Looking to sit in a AE1012

New to the Forum? Come in and say hello. Get to know the other members.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

marcb

Looking to sit in a AE1012

Post by marcb » Tue May 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi All,
I'm really interested in an Advanced Elements Advanced Frame kayak AE1012. My problem is that the only retailer I can find within 50 miles is REI and all their 1012's are stored in the bags. They have no kayaks on the floor and I'd really like to sit in one before I make a purchase. I'm located in Falmouth, Massachusetts and will travel 50-75 miles to just sit in one for a few minutes and see whether the seat works for me. Anyone around who can give me a look?
Thanks for your help.
Marc

Nighthawk700

Re: Looking to sit in a AE1012

Post by Nighthawk700 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:36 pm

marcb wrote:Hi All,
I'm really interested in an Advanced Elements Advanced Frame kayak AE1012. My problem is that the only retailer I can find within 50 miles is REI and all their 1012's are stored in the bags. They have no kayaks on the floor and I'd really like to sit in one before I make a purchase. I'm located in Falmouth, Massachusetts and will travel 50-75 miles to just sit in one for a few minutes and see whether the seat works for me. Anyone around who can give me a look?
Thanks for your help.
Marc
I'm more than 50 miles from you, but wanted to give you some info that might help you. 1) REI is currently having a sale. Part of that is kayaks are 15% off. They are also having 20% off one item. (although if the kayaks are on sale, the 20% might not apply). 2) REI has an incredible return policy. If the AE1012 doesn't work out for you, you can return it within a year. I got my AE Convertible from REI. I'm very happy with it, but having that safeguard in place in case of a problem was comforting.

marcb

Post by marcb » Thu May 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Hello Nighthawk
Thanks for the heads up. I went to an REI in Providence and they were kind enough to open up a AE 1012 and let me play with it for about 1.5 hours. I ended up buying a hard shell kayak, mostly because my wife had decided she was getting one. I figured if I had to store 1, storing 2 would not be that much more difficult. I did get the 15% discount on the kayak and 20% off on all the accessories. Thanks again for your timely post.
Marc