Hello from Croatia

New to the Forum? Come in and say hello. Get to know the other members.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

Bojan_cro

Hello from Croatia

Post by Bojan_cro » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi I'm Bojan from Croatia. I've been paddling a couple of times with friend in his Convertibile, was impressed with quality and handling and now looking to get my own AE :-) Have some trouble deciding though beetween Airfusion Elite and Expedition so hope will find some advices here :-)

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:42 pm

These are both good kayaks, so it's not like you'll make a bad choice. I've paddled both models and have an Expedition.
The question is not which is better, but what kind of paddling do you want to do? Where will you go?
The Elite is a little faster and a bit more responsive to your posture. The Expedition is much more stable and a bit more forgiving if you bang into rocks.
It takes a little more practise to learn how to put an Elite together than it does to set up an Expedition.

Bojan_cro

Post by Bojan_cro » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:54 am

PJohanson wrote:These are both good kayaks, so it's not like you'll make a bad choice. I've paddled both models and have an Expedition.
The question is not which is better, but what kind of paddling do you want to do? Where will you go?
The Elite is a little faster and a bit more responsive to your posture. The Expedition is much more stable and a bit more forgiving if you bang into rocks.
It takes a little more practise to learn how to put an Elite together than it does to set up an Expedition.
Thank you for guidlines :-)

I've read so much opinions on both so let's say it's right to put it like this:

Expedition - more stable, more comfortable, can carry more weight, easier to set up, more durable, cheaper

Airfusion Elite - more responsive, quicker, lighter

And since I plan to do mostly coastline day trips, it would be better for me to go with Expedition. Agree? :-)

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:01 am

I'm a big fan of both of these models. Really, you can't go wrong choosing one or the other.
You might read the comments posted by Lee Johnson, if you want another opinion to consider.