Removing hose after inflation

Hula 11 Stand Up Paddle Board

Moderator: JCOOLEY

rickbrackins

Removing hose after inflation

Post by rickbrackins » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am

I have both the Hula and the Shubu and it's obvious that the designer of the insert to inflate them never actually used one before producing them or he would have added something to grip when removing them. How many times has the hose came off while trying to remove the insert thereby releasing all the hard fought air that was pumped in. Not easy to re-inflate when it's hot, humid and being an old fart.

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 pm

That's what I like about the AE kayaks -- the inflate/deflate valves in the big chambers. The little twisting valves for small chambers are working fine for me, even when the boats are a couple of years old.

rsimpson
Site Admin

Re: Removing hose after inflation

Post by rsimpson » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 pm

rickbrackins wrote:I have both the Hula and the Shubu and it's obvious that the designer of the insert to inflate them never actually used one before producing them or he would have added something to grip when removing them. How many times has the hose came off while trying to remove the insert thereby releasing all the hard fought air that was pumped in. Not easy to re-inflate when it's hot, humid and being an old fart.
I have experienced this a few times with the hula. The trick is to push down on the adapter, then twist it off. THis will ensure that the adapter and the hose unlock at the same time. If you just try to twist the hose off without pressing down, you will take the hose off and the adapter will stay inside the valve causing all the air to escape. It takes a few tries to get it right. i can remove the SUP adapter everytime now with zero issues.