PACKLITE SPRAY SKIRT

Questions, answers and suggestions about other accessories for Advanced Elements Kayaks

Moderator: JCOOLEY

cmregets

PACKLITE SPRAY SKIRT

Post by cmregets » Mon May 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Just received the PL spray skirt. The opening for my body seems huge? I am able to tighten the top bungee but it leaves a lot of material under over my paddle jacket and under my life vest?

Damien

Post by Damien » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:51 pm

I tend to put it over my body, pull it tight and tuck it around the bottom of the life jacket.

The thing that bothers me about the skirt is that it doesn't seem to be waterproof. If it gets really wet all you have to do is touch underneath it and you get wet. I'd like something that's a more waterproof.

KayakJack

use a water repellent spray such as McNett Thundershield, et

Post by KayakJack » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:01 am

I sprayed mine down with McNett's Thunder Shield (silicone) spray and used the rest of the can on the upper deck of the kayak.

You can also buy a cheaper version of the silicone waterproof spray at Walmart for like $5 (spray paint looking can with neon orange cap). It smells like roach spray and sprays very wet unlike McNett's. Besure to air it out for a few days before using. Will dry clear and odorless.

Neither product affected the color or material. Won't even know it's on when its completely cured.

It'll help waterproof the material and you can just see the water bead right off.

Damien wrote:I tend to put it over my body, pull it tight and tuck it around the bottom of the life jacket.

The thing that bothers me about the skirt is that it doesn't seem to be waterproof. If it gets really wet all you have to do is touch underneath it and you get wet. I'd like something that's a more waterproof.