Dragonfly XC seam failure

AE1020-Y(2007-Present), AE1001-R(2002-2006), AE1001-O(2007), AE1021-O(2008), AE1031-O(2009)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

RiverOtter

Dragonfly XC seam failure

Post by RiverOtter » Sat May 15, 2010 5:25 pm

I received a Dragonfly XC as a gift for Christmas and had it out on the water just once a couple weeks ago. Yesterday I took it out again and in the process of inflating it, the seam burst about 18" along the right stern.

I've had an Advanced Frame kayak for over 5 years and am very good at inflating these boats. I'm always extremely cautious about not over-inflating and I'm positive that the boat was not overinflated at the time of seam failure. The air bladder appears fine and shows no signs of stretching. It looks like the seam was just not stitched very well in that part of the boat.

I've seen other posts by people who've experienced this same seam failure on the Dragonfly XC and it sounds as though the problem has been corrected in more recent models. The serial number on the boat is XZE1179UA808.

Can you tell me what you can do for me to make this right? I'm a big fan of Advanced Elements and talk up my Advanced Frame boat wherever I go. I'd love to have a good customer service story to share when I get all the questions about my great looking boats.

Thanks!
Mark

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon May 17, 2010 8:22 am

Mark,

If you haven't done so already, shoot an email to info@advancedelements.com with the info that you provided here. Customer service can help out.

Jeremy

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Tue May 18, 2010 9:11 am

So glad to see you posted this right away! Please post a follow-up note telling the rest of us users how this problem was handled, ok?
My Dragonfly is four years old, gets a lot of use, and has absolutely no seam problems.