Back on the seat

AE1007-R(2005-Present), AE1004-R(2002-2004)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

esspii

Back on the seat

Post by esspii » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:28 am

I am still trying different solutions for a stable and comfortable seat for solo use on the convertible. I couldn't help but notice that on the AE products page, the elite version shows two different seats - one resembles the one used on the AE1041 (with a thicker sitting base). Are these available for purchase on their own?

Mbriley

Re: Back on the seat

Post by Mbriley » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 am

The new Convertible Elite does come with a thicker, closed cell foam seat pad that is designed to provide extra cushion for use with the drop-stitch floor. Unfortunately, at this time the seat is not available for individual purchase.

chrisp63

Post by chrisp63 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:02 am

Hi, I bought a seat with a higher backrest an cut off the buckles of the regualr seat an put it on the new one. It's far better than the old one. In addition I glued three pieces of velcro either on a 40 x 40 cm piece of a yoga pad (I just cut it off the yoga pad which was € 7) and on the downside of the seat. Now it cannot move anymore which gibes you a better paddle feeling. As soon I go out with the convertible again IÄ'll post some pictures of my "invention".

ejain

Post by ejain » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:53 am

Hope the new seats will be available for purchase, at a reasonable price! The issue isn't so much comfort, but that the seats are very effective at soaking up even the smallest amount of water in the boat, and transferring it to our backsides... I ended up getting two 1'x1' minicell foam blocks to put under the seats as a temporary workaround.

justlexi

Post by justlexi » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:02 pm

If it absorbs water easily then it is not that of a great catch. I just hope that the manufacturer nowadays will work on creating a product that will be durable enough in the long run, but as what they say quality depends on the amount that you pay for. It's like getting a dog playpen, the spacious it is the more expensive the price.