index.php?sid=7e0f99a84d72accedb734db5048113ec AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DECK ZIPPER REPAIR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sajoe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: DECK ZIPPER REPAIR Reply with quote

I broke the lever (or the word that sounds like cab but is banned) off the deck zipper slider on my AF kayak. Has anyone had any experience with repairing this? I didn't find any replacement parts listed.

Thanks!
JCOOLEY
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did just the tab break off or did the top piece of the slidder that holds the tab in place also break? If you could take a picture and email it to info@advancedelements.com we could better assess the situation and come up with a solution to fix it.

Jeremy
Sajoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: DECK ZIPPER REPAIR Reply with quote

ADVANCED ELEMENTS sent me a repair kit to fix the zipper slider for free. Thanks ADVANCED ELEMENTS! Another reason to love thgeir products.
dspid2404

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Zipper Pull Repair Reply with quote

I found a great way to fix your zipper pull if it breaks. The following is a photo of the repair. Once I figure out how to do pictures I'll finish this forum page. Sorry. I'll get it. Does anyone see a reason there isn't a picture here?

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dspid/5193147909/[/img]
dutch clouds

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Zipper Pull Repair Reply with quote

dspid2404 wrote:
Does anyone see a reason there isn't a picture here?

From Flickr:
The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.

Solution from Flickr:
The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in "Share this." To get to it just go to the main photo page, click "Share this", and then "Get the HTML." We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

This is the BBCode for your image as provided by Flickr:

Zipper Repair by dspidaliere, on Flickr
dspid2404

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me see if I am correct after adding all the information I have from you and Jeremy:

I first hit the Img button above. I then go to the Flickr page for the particular photo I want to capture. I click on the SHARE THIS tab. Click on the Grab the HTML/BBCode. Switch from HTML to BBCode. Click on the code to highlight it. Copy it and paste it into the text box of this forum. Then click the Img button above.

Is this correct?
dutch clouds

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBCode provided by Flickr allready has the [IMG] tags. So yes if you skip the Img button on this board parts. Just paste the link in between your other text and use the Preview option to test. If you quote my previous post, without submitting!, you see what it looks like.
dspid2404

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got it figured out. The Disable BBCode below was checked. Thanks to all for your help
dspid2404

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a repair kit for replacing the pull part of the zipper if it happens to break. Below are some photos of the product and the repair. Its available on Amazon.com for about $5.00 US. It works very well and is as simple as it gets to do. There is two in each pack. I used one from the package shown for the repair.

Yankezz Zipper Repair Kit by dspidaliere, on Flickr

Zipper Repair Instructions by dspidaliere, on Flickr

Zipper Repair by dspidaliere, on Flickr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: