index.php?sid=9192cd157b01f516ad8dfe2d65b3d2ca AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CargoPak!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> WaterTech
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJohanson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: CargoPak! Reply with quote

A brand-new Cargopak arrived from Advanced Elements for me at Christmas time. What a present!
This drybag is fitted with decent shoulder straps, making it a rain-proof backpack as well as a kayaking drybag. The stitching is good and solid, with sealed seams. I've never had a drybag so well constructed. There's just enough pockets on the outside for quick access, but not so many pockets that it looks or feels fiddly.
I like the handle on top! I've learned from carrying other drybags by the handle that this causes wear-and-tear at the buckle edges. This is a proper handle.
My grown son makes as many crafts as I do, and goes camping more than I do. He inspected it all over and pronounced it "Made To Last." Too many knapsacks and bookbags will fray at the seam after a couple of months. Too many drybags get a hole rubbed in the bottom just from sitting on a rough dock. The Cargopak should hold up.
I like that it is a medium size. It fits nicely behind the seat of my Expedition. It fits my shoulders and back, and doesn't stick out in all directions when I'm riding a bus. Buses are how I get to the water with my kayak. As a commando kayaker, I like gear bags and dry bags that are not too big for me to carry when loaded with food.
This is a pack that will suit not only boat-users like me, but hikers and campers in a rainy climate.
spikeithard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look awesome.. something to consider for next year for sure!
PJohanson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still finding this CargoPak useful. I've travelled with it now, on greyhound buses and airplanes. If it's not crammed full, the pak is small enough to be carry-on luggage. I like keeping the most important things right with me while I travel! It's small enough to remind me not to overload myself, yet big enough to carry what I need.
True to expectations, the CargoPak is NOT wearing out quickly. I'm travelling with it again this week, and it's holding up well. Best knapsack I've ever had.
PJohanson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm travelling again this month, and again will use the CargoPak as carry-on luggage (not crammed full). What a sensible, tough pack!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> WaterTech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: