index.php?sid=1064384442066e9da7b071bfee96abf3 AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lagoon 1 Main Chamber Leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Firefly, Dragonfly and Lagoon Single Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k1reynolds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Lagoon 1 Main Chamber Leak Reply with quote

I bought a West Marine floor demo (Lagoon 1 model) at Christmas. Nice spring weather = got it on the water early. I've been out several times and love it! Unfortunately, yesterday as I was inflating in the p-lot, I heard a hissing on the right stern side (just to the right of the valves) and watched as the main chamber deflated. The exterior cover is intact and a quick water test indicated no air leaking through the cover, so it looks like this an internal leak.

The good news is this happened in the p-lot and not out on the water!

So my questions are how do I disassemble to access the chamber to check for and repair the leak? And given how quickly the chamber deflated, if it is a large, unrepairable leak, can the chamber be replaced for a reasonable cost or am I better off just buying a new boat?

Thanks!
JCOOLEY
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

contact customer service
info@advancedelements.com

To access the tube, unscrew the hexagonal locking nuts that are on the two main valves. This will free it from the outer cover.
k1reynolds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, JCooley, for the info. I located the leak. It is smaller than I imagined, but it is right on the lower edge of the seam. I applied a patch this evening, so we'll see if it holds.

In the mean time, I will contact customer service to get an idea on replacement cost if the patch doesn't work.

Thanks for your assistance!
PJohanson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be sure to tell us how the patch works, and how it goes with Customer Service (they're very good!)
k1reynolds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patch is holding! Looks like it worked so I won't be needing to replace the chamber. Nonetheless, AE Customer Service did respond to my inquiry with a quote ($75) which I really appreciate.
Thanks again for your help.
Arianna20

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1reynolds wrote:
The patch is holding! Looks like it worked so I won't be needing to replace the chamber. Nonetheless, AE Customer Service did respond to my inquiry with a quote ($75) which and i was surprised when i first read https://legalsteroids.best/ there are some legal steroids I really appreciate.
Thanks again for your help.

It works fine for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Firefly, Dragonfly and Lagoon Single Models All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: