index.php?sid=7003d57994d9e49fea2ff2c6fee08d05 AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

difficult to dry out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kreplerfp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: difficult to dry out Reply with quote

I have 2 advanced frame kayaks. The worst part of owning them is getting them dry, to put in the bag.The summertime is great when the weather is hot and you can open them to the sun,but in the spring and fall when the weather is cooler and the sun is not shining it is difficult to get them dry.I have tryed wiping them out, but the tubes never seem to get dry unless you take them out(pain).Has anyone come up with a drying method that is quicker and easier?
Thanks
rsimpson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to dry them is to seperate the outer cover from the tube/tube cover. Unscrew the locking nut on the top, this will allow the tube to be removed from the oute cover(shell), Then, reach into the kayak and pull the tube out. It will dry much quicker this way.
kreplerfp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: drying Reply with quote

I`m not sure where the locking nut is on the top that your talking about

Thanks
Pearly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He means these ones..

I'm lucky here that the weather is hot, but I still have to take a little time to dry the yak sometimes. What I do is inflate the kayak (without the floor) and place 4 blocks - under the bow, stern and 1 on each side. This lifts the yak off the floor and lifts the tubes off the kayak hull - allowing the water to drain to the lowest part. I then sponge out the water that collects and find that the kayak tubes dry out faster.
dspid2404

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do pretty much what Pearly does but I use an artifical shami. It makes quick work of getting the excess water out.
PJohanson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't worry too much about drying the tubes.
With the tubes inflated only about 25%, I can hold a small towel or terrytowel facecloth and rub it between the tube and the inside of the hull or inside of the deck. This blots up most of the water. The last bit of dampness hasn't caused my boats any problems yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: