index.php?sid=b2c6f5532f5adbd481d2bf6b37eacbd8 AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need PFD advise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCatt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: need PFD advise Reply with quote

I just bought my first Kayak and its a AE convertible tandem. It has yet to be delivered by AMAzon so I am scrambling to get all the gear I need.

My main question is PFD's:

I was thinking about going inflatable as it is easies to pack and cooler in the summer, however i will be out on Lake Michigan in Chicago. I am also considering doing some traveling.

Whats the best way to go for an affordable portable reliable PFD?
dspid2404

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're still interested in the inflatable vest I can highly suggest Mustang Survival. The MD3081 is what I have, which seems to be the MD3085 now. Here's the link:

http://www.mustangsurvival.com/recreational/deluxe-inflatable-pfd-manual-activation

I find it incredible comfortable especially during those hot summer days. I wouldn't say its inexpensive but it offers some real benefits that I must admit spoiled me. I think there are some less expensive versions out there. You'd have to look.
PJohanson

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PFD that is cooler to wear in the summer is the Orbit from Kokatat. Instead of being like a jacket that wraps all around your ribs, this is more of a small triangular front and back connected by straps. It lets your arms move freely, and allows heat to escape under your arms, on your ribs and on your upper chest if you are large.
The Orbit fits and suits big-shouldered males well, but I use one even though I'm a short and plump female. Two sizes, S/M and M/L. I pulled the straps very short on an M/L and it nearly fits me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: