index.php?sid=8491a60971e7939d983cde8b5ae294d2 AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Finger Lakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Stories & Blogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: The Finger Lakes Reply with quote

I decided I wanted to paddle all 11 of the Finger Lakes in NY. So far I have been on 5 of them...Conesus, Hemlock, Canadice, Honeoye, and Seneca.

I made a huge mistake though. I paddled Hemlock and Canadice. I should have left them for last. Both are reservoirs for the city of Rochester and they are completely undeveloped and incredibly beautiful. I am so spoiled now! The only boat traffic allowed are canoes, kayaks and, boats less than 16' with motors 10 hp or less. Last evening I was out on Hemlock and it was heavenly. Talk about quiet! The water was like glass and I just sat for about 20 minutes out in the middle of the lake. There were other boaters out but all were fishing along the shady side.

Here are a few photos...

How am I ever going to be able to kayak anywhere else? =)
sonar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very silent peacefull and scenic there.

Makes one think does it not.

Nice pictures We have nothing anywhere like that in the area we live in.
Joan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing really.

As I was launching a young guy with a beat up motorboat was heading out to fish. He was saying that he didn't have lights on his boat so had to come in before it got dark but if he could, he'd stay out until morning. At the time I thought that was kind of funny and thought yeah, okay...until I got out there. I easily could have stayed there all night just sitting. No sounds of traffic, no houses in sight, and incredibly beautiful.

You need to find something like it where you are. It would be worth the hunt. OR you could come across the pond! =) They say the Adirondacks have all kinds of places as nice.
Timbo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just love that black & white photo , paddle and droplet , says it all really.
Joan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Timbo. So kind of you to say. I took both of those photos with my phone's camera. I didn't even know I was taking black and whites. Apparently I pushed something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Stories & Blogs All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: