index.php?sid=b2f9c6c2f3b2e0c4144207908f78d63f AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Main chambers on AE1009 / Ultralite Expedition 'decomposing'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m3llis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Main chambers on AE1009 / Ultralite Expedition 'decomposing' Reply with quote

I have an AE1009 Ultralite Expedition that's about 3 years old.

When I tried to inflate it today, it looks like the clear flexible material used in the construction of the main chambers has 'decomposed' and was delaminating and subsequently leaking badly.

I found about 6 or 7 large holes in the main chamber that appeared to have occurred around folds or creases in the material.

Have any other AE1009 Ultralite owners seen this?

Have you checked the condition of the main chamber material?

The irony is that my wife's older AE1002, which has rubberized gray material for the main chambers and has been stored alongside my Expedition was in perfect condition.

Seems like the switch to the 'ultralite' materials wasn't such a resounding success.
JCOOLEY
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See reply to same post in Ultralite section
m3llis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: AE 1009 Ultralite Expedition main chambers are 'decomposing' Reply with quote

I want to thank Jeremy, Ritchie and Clay at Advanced Elements. I followed Jeremy's advice. AE sent me a replacement set of chambers within 7 days. I'm back on the water and happy again. Thanks for the great customer service guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Repairs, Cleaning & Maintainance All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: