index.php?sid=d240973d0b65f6afa21f00ea09452b25 AdvancedElements.com
Cutting Edge Inflatable Kayaks

Homepage   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing backbone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Advanced Frame Expedition & Ultralite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbecile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Removing backbone? Reply with quote

Any tips on getting the backbone out once you're done? I've been using my backbone more and more and always struggle getting it out...even after a partial deflation.

Is there a technique I should be using that I'm missing?
JCOOLEY
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the kayak is deflated enough so when you push the button on the shaft, you are able to pull it apart and slide it either forward towards the Bow or backwards toward the Stern. A partial deflation may not be enough because the blade gets hung up on the tube still.
Another trick is when you partially deflate the tube, lift the stern area of the tube up from the inside so you can slide the backbone further back which will free up the front of the backbone and give you space to pull it apart.
Make sure you have pulled the floor out as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AdvancedElements.com Forum Index -> Advanced Frame Expedition & Ultralite All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: