Max Seigal, Adventure Photographer

Max Seigal, Adventure Photographer

Stats:
  • Models paddled: AdvancedFrame Convertible Kayak and the Packlite Kayak.
  • Water that he paddles: Mountain and desert lakes/rivers, coastal and in shore ocean bays and estuaries.
  • What he uses his yaks for: Expedition kayaking, ocean paddling, and river/lake paddling with the Packlite when combining paragliding / boating.
Bio:
Max Seigal is an adventure photographer who has spent the last decade shooting content all across the globe. Max grew up in Boulder, Colorado and spent his youth in the mountains which instilled in him a deep passion for the outdoors from a young age. When he’s not working on assignments, you can often find Max paragliding, trail running, camping, climbing, and taking any opportunity to head out for an epic adventure. While relatively new to expedition kayaking, Max quickly realized the potential to go deeper into the wilderness and carry exponentially more gear for longer trips on a kayak and was instantly hooked after his first multi day kayak trip, a two week circumnavigation of Eleuthra in the Bahamas. Now Max tries to plan multidisciplinary kayak expeditions into the back country, combining kayaking, trail running, mountaineering and paragliding into one trip. He has lightweight gear that he packs on the kayak for multi day trips to combine all these sports into one outing, which is Max’s favorite style of adventure.
Keep tabs on his adventures and fantastic photography through his:
Instagram account: @maxwilderness
Facebook: Max Seigal Photography
And on the web: www.maxwilderness.com and www.avidwild.com

Favorite AE Story:
I love the concept of going light and fast, especially when combining sports for a multidisciplinary day in the mountains. One of my favorite activities is to pack a bag with a lightweight paraglider and the Packlite kayak, then climb up a mountain that’s near a lake or river, fly off the top of the peak and land next to the water which I’ll then paddle back to my car/cabin. These have been some of the best days in the mountains, and I can’t think of anything more fun than combining all the sports I love into one long day.