Paddling at Kinderdijk, The Netherlands

Stories of (interesting, funny, bad, sad, happy, etc.) things that have happened while paddling. Post your links to your blogs as well.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

diemonde

Paddling at Kinderdijk, The Netherlands

Post by diemonde » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 am

So last Saturday my dad and I went for a 20KM paddle to Kinderdijk (famous for it's Windmills - on UNESCO list) and with big brother Schaanse Schans one of the tourist places. More details on that track at my blog http://en.kajakroute.nl.

So just want to share some pics:

We first paddled through a small town called Oud-Alblas, here people live close to the water.

If you look closely you can see Cormorant, I just had to shoot them in a tree as they often site at lamppost where I live.

And then after a 8KM paddle finally the reward. The Windmills.

And yet another one, there are a lot of them ;-)

No not just another windmill, look at that craftsmanship on the water. The guy in the canoe builds wooden canoes and kayaks himself. His son paddles in the kayak.

And then finally a picture I just wanted to share to demonstrate how easy it is to get in/out the AE Frame. This is my dad (65) practicly standing in the Frame:

borisf

New Blog

Post by borisf » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:43 pm

It looks like the season goes to the end though the last fall days are beautiful! To summarize my first season with the AF Convertible I opened the Blog at : http://yaktraveller.blogspot.com/
Everybody is welcome!

Tee Loo

Post by Tee Loo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Leuke foto's!
Kinderdijk, moet ik ook eens heen gaan met mijn Air Fusion.

Sorry...
translation:
Nice pictures!
Kinderdijk, I should go there too with my Air Fusion.