Puget Sound - first paddle

Trips that you have taken, planned, are planning etc. and suggested paddle locations.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

pabloa3

Puget Sound - first paddle

Post by pabloa3 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:12 pm

I purchased the AF Expedition yesterday at REI during their anniversary sale. I did a trial inflation yesterday in the living room - worked great. So today I was able to steal away for a few hours while the kids napped. I went down to Lowman Beach here in West Seattle and paddled for about an hour on the Puget Sound.

I was very impressed by the Expedition (yes, it was my first time using it). I've been longing for a hardshell but don't really have the space (or the dough) for it. So an inflatable was a great option. I must say this boat tracks well, is very stable, and is a blast to take out. Setup and teardown are easy...the worst part is carrying everything - I had about 50 yards to go and some of that was rocks and driftwood. I'm definitely going to get some wheels so I can inflate at the car and tow it to my launch place.

Today was gorgeous on the sound - saw one seal. It was a calm, windless, rainless day.